Best Health Insurance Rates in Texas
Fast Quotes! Click Here
For your NEW 2016 coverage to be EFFECTIVE Jan 1, 2016:
Enroll BEFORE December 15th
Our FAST Quote Engine will also take your ENROLLMENT.........Fast!
It will apply your Tax Credit FOR you....instantly!
Everything is submitted to the government site, as well as to your new insurance company.
Saves you hours of time & frustration!
Instant Health Plan Quotes...with your Monthly Tax Credit (from the govt) deducted from your quotes...compared side-by-side within seconds!
- Best prices appear 1st
- Then, you can sort by Insurance Company (if you want).
- Or.........you can sort by Plan Type (HMO, PPO, EPO plans)
- You can use the drop-down box to sort by "Lowest Deductible"...and more
Hospital Plan.....to supplement High-Deductible Plans - Click Here
Less than $30/month for $6350 Hospital Benefit.....Paid direct-to-you for a hospitalization.
See: Out-of-Pocket Protection Plan.....on 1st screen.....to run-a-quote.
Most Texas Health Plans will use HMO networks in 2016!
HMO's are cheaper, but:
- HMO networks are smaller than the old PPO networks we've always had in the past.
- There is usually no out-of-network coverage...........except for serious emergencies!!!
- You'll usually need to choose a PCP (Primary Care Physician) who will coordinate all of your care.
- Your PCP must usually refer you to a Specialist..................or the Specialist Visit is NOT covered!!!
Many of the new 2016 health plans are HMO hybrids............with special rules for each separate plan.
....Like: Some won't require a PCP. Others will.
Nothing is consistent for 2016! Every plan (and their rules) are different!
The Summary-of-Benefits (for each plan) is available in your quotes.
We'll help you carefully review the Summary-of-Benefits for the plan that you like best.
EPO's are very, very similar to HMO's (with many/most of the HMO drawbacks listed above).
We'll be here to help you sort out all of the differences....and pick the right plan for your needs.
If your favorite doctor is not in your 2016 network:
- Your enrollment is securely transferred to HealthCare.gov
- Saves you time!
- Our Enrollment Engine is govt approved....for secure ObamaCare enrollments....without all of the frustrations & headaches we experience on the govt site.
......Designed by Silicon Valley gurus who know what they're doing & have helped the govt streamline enrollments.
.........It works...every time! And, it's lightning-FAST, too!
December 2nd - The government is now requiring our enrollment engine to send you over to the government site to pick up your tax credit.
Just follow the prompts on your screen. And, you'll be able to return to our FAST Enrollment Site after your tax credit letter is issued by the govt.
The enrollment process is no longer a quick & easy 2 minute purchase.
Since it's forcing you to interface directly with the government site, you will probably experience some of the dreaded error screens & problems while you are on the govt site.
But, we have no choice. It's still MUCH faster than going directly to the govt site.
You'll have a personal Health Insurance Agent when you enroll on our site....at no extra cost to you.
We're here for you...... when you:
- Have questions
- Need assistance
- Need help comparing plans & benefits
- Want to make sure you're choosing the right plan & network
- Want to understand your policy or make changes in the future
If you feel that you must enroll on the govt website (& you enjoy frustration), but you want (or need) an agent:
- You must enter your agent's NPN number in the tiny (almost hidden) box called: Is anyone helping you?
Agent: Ruth Stewart
After visiting the government site: Clear your computer's cache!
We use a quick-and-easy program to do this after every visit to the government site: CCleaner
CCleaner is free. It's a very-small program.
It will keep the garbage cleaned up (removed from your computer).
Lots of garbage (cookies, etc) is dumped into your computer every time you visit Healthcare.gov.
Off-Exchange Health Plans
For those who cannot qualify for a Premium Tax Credit from the govt
You want to avoid interaction with the govt as much as possible
Best Rates... Instant Rate Quotes HERE
- Compare plans side-by-side
- Use the Off-Exchange Quote Engine to run quotes & pick the right plan
- But, don't use this Quote Engine for enrolling. Use the links in the far right column of our website for fastest enrollments>>>
The direct insurance-company links (in far-right column>>>) will be easiest & fastest for completing an Off-Exchange enrollment application.
If you are losing your 2015 policy (or network), there may be a special link to use....to roll-over to a new plan/network with your present insurance company. We'll help you figure that out.
Maternity & Childbirth Delivery:
Maternity benefits are included in all Texas health insurance plans (purchased in 2015 or 2016).
....PreNatal Care & Childbirth Delivery are covered the same-as-any-other-condition.
.....Everything applies to one deductible (per person). Baby has a separate deductible to meet after the birth.
.......But, a hospitalization for pneumonia would apply towards the same deductible as your childbirth hospital bills.
Pre-existing Health Conditions:
Pre-existing health conditions are also covered on all new health insurance plans (purchased in 2015 or 2016).
But, check the "Drug Lists" (Rx Formulary List) for the plan you like best...to be sure that your meds will be covered!
.......Our FAST Quote Engine (1st link above....at top of this screen) will work best for searching the "Drug Lists"......as well as the "Doctor Lists" .....to make sure that your doctor(s) and hospital(s) are in your 2016 network choice.
There is no waiting period for pre-existing condition coverage.
And, you cannot be denied coverage because you have pre-existing medical conditions.
All Other States ... Best Health Insurance Rates ... Get Quotes HERE
All of our health insurance plans offer good, solid, comprehensive major medical health insurance coverage for you & your family.
All of our plans have been approved by the government.
We are certified (by the govt) to assist you with your research & enrollment.
The ACA law (Obamacare) has caused health insurance costs to skyrocket. But, never fear, tax credits are here (if your income is low enough). The ACA Tax Credits (often called subsidies) are paid to your insurance company each month....to lower your health insurance premiums.
See if you can qualify for a Tax Credit....FAST:
Your tax credit must be reconciled on your federal tax return each year.
If they paid you too much (each month to your insurance company), you may owe them all or part of the overage back with your tax return.
If they didn't pay you enough (to your insurance company...ea month), you might get a refund with your tax return.
The law is complex! We can help you understand this further. But, ultimately, your tax advisor is the expert. We are not licensed tax advisors, so we cannot legally give you tax advice.
If you are married, you must plan to file a joint tax return (to get the tax credit).
Dental insurance coverage is now required for children.
Many health insurance plans will include dental insurance coverage.
Others will offer a separate dental plan.
Texas - Use any dentist - Click Here
.........or........for BETTER dental benefits, but HIGHER premiums - Click Here
Best Dental Insurance Rates ...Nationwide... Instant Rate Quotes HERE
- Are under age 30 (and don't qualify for tax credits)
- Qualify for a Hardship Exemption
Houston Metro: (713) 932-9072 ... Toll Free: (888) 777-0474
Ruth Stewart Insurance Agency
11002 Hammerly #1
Houston, Tx 77043
PreExisting Medical Conditions:
Texas Health Insurance Risk Pool Blog:
Instant Online Rate Quotes available for:
- Texas Health Insurance Plans
- Major Medical Insurance Plans
- Dr Visit CoPay Insurance Plans
- Texas Maternity Insurance Plans
- Self-Employed Health Insurance Plans
- Group Health Insurance Plans for 2-50 Employees
- HSA Health Insurance Plans with High Deductibles
- Catastrophic Health Insurance Plans with CoPays & High Deductible
ACA Compliant Health Insurance Plans:
- Platinum Health Insurance Plans
- Gold Health Insurance Plans
- Silver Health Insurance Plans
- Bronze Health Insurance Plans
- Catastrophic Coverage Plans with CoPays & High Deductible
- Medicaid and CHIP coverage might apply if you are qualified
- ACA Tax Credits can be instantly applied to monthly premiums
- Maternity Insurance - automatically included with ACA-compliant covg
We also offer:
- Dental Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Discount Plans
- Stand-Alone Vision Insurance Plans
- Temporary Insurance Plans up to 364 days of coverage
- Short Term Health Insurance up to 364 days of coverage
- PPO Network Health Insurance Plans
- EPO Network Health Insurance Plans
- HMO Network Health Insurance Plans
- Senior Insurance
- MediGap Insurance
- MediCare Supplements
- Final Expense Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Mortgage Protection Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance for Worldwide Medical Coverage
- International Medical Insurance Plans for Non-US Citizens
- Maternity Insurance - automatically included with International Plans
FPL (Federal Poverty Level) Calculator:
- Medicaid coverage will be available for many who fall under 100% of FPL (the Federal Poverty Level)....but not all !
- Government subsidies (premium tax credits and cost sharing reductions) will be available (to help reduce your health insurance premiums & out-of-pocket medical costs) for many who fall between 100% - 400% of FPL (Federal Poverty Level)...but not all !
The new ACA law (including the tens-of-thousands of pages of rules, regulations, interpretations, clarifications & guidelines) are complex!!!
There are many exceptions to the rules!
And, many of them are ambiguous.
We've spent hundreds & hundreds of hours studying the new ACA law (and associated documents). And, new documents are released all the time.
The information provided on our website is not intended to be legal (nor accounting) advice!
As health insurance agents, we're simply trying to inform the public (in our own words).
We have earned formal certificates from the federal government, authorizing us to help with ACA (Obamacare) enrollments (applications for health insurance plans).
- The ACA (Obamacare) law
- Your attorney
- Your licensed tax advisor
- Your licensed health insurance agent
....for specific details concerning your particular situation.
Licensed Texas Health Insurance Agent
Tx License #1012551
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
ACA = Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
PTC = Premium Tax Credit
APTC = Advanced Premium Tax Credit (that can be applied to your monthly health insurance premium....to reduce your monthly price)
CSR = Cost Sharing Reductions (that can reduce your out-of-pocket medical costs....like reduced/lowered deductibles, co-pays & co-insurance)
Deductible = The amount that the insurance company deducts before paying your health insurance claims.
Deductibles are usually waived for certain benefits (like Dr visit copays).
Deductibles are also waived (IN network) for mandated preventive-care services.
See www.HealthCare.gov for more details about this benefit.
Co-pay = A set fee (out of your pocket) for health insurance services (& treatment)
Co-insurance = You pay part & insurance pays part (until you hit 100% coverage)
Like: 80/20 coverage.....Insurance pays 80% & you pay 20%
Out-of-pocket Maximum = The maximum you'll pay out-of-pocket (per calendar year) for covered medical treatment
This will include deductible, co-pays & co-insurance
You'll often see these abbreviations: OOP and MOOP (Maximum Out Of Pocket)
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
PPO Networks for each Tx Insurance Company in 2014
HMO Networks for each Tx Insurance Company in 2014
Links to EACH Tx Insurance Company - Online Applications 2014
Rx Formulary Lists for each Health Insurance Plan
We collect certain personal information from you in order to help you select your health insurance coverage....like:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address
- Date(s) of birth
- Social Security number(s)
- Household income
We will only use your information to help you obtain insurance coverage & service your policy (policies).
When you apply for a policy, your information is securely transferred to your selected insurance company, as well as to federal & state agencies, as required by law.
We are required by law to keep your information safe & protected (locked up, secured by firewalls, etc). We will not share your information with any outside sources (except as mentioned above....when you apply for a policy).